Use your lens to show us "What's Next?"
The Sundance Ignite Fellows Program is a competitive fellowship that provides opportunities for engagement, mentorship and industry exposure for emerging filmmakers (18-24 years of age) during the Sundance Film Festival and select opportunities throughout the following year. Sundance Ignite will select five of the 2016 Ignite Fellows through this short film challenge.
To participate, create and submit an original one to eight minute film exploring how you interpret "What's Next?"
We challenge you to use the following word palette to help inspire your film:
You must be between the ages of 18 and 24 to participate. For complete details on eligibility, judging criteria, prizes, and more, visit the Rules page.
After you upload your film to this site, share it online using #SundanceIgnite. Audience favorites will receive special consideration during judging.
Dos and Don'ts
The creative possibilities are endless. Just be responsible and respectful.
- DO be yourself - all work submitted must be entirely your own.
- DO be original – interpret the challenge in your own unique way.
- DO present excellent work – we are looking for short films that demonstrate artistic excellence.
- DON'T be afraid to be unconventional.
- DO be mindful and respectful – all work must be appropriate for a diverse audience.
- What video formats can I use? For video, we accept .MPG, .MOV and MP4s. The maximum video time is eight minutes.
- What happens to my work? After your work is fully processed and uploaded to the challenge, you can adjust the settings for all your projects in your profile settings. If you’d like to delete your work, it will be fully discarded from our servers. You can choose your cover image, tags, titles and descriptions during the upload process, before sharing your live projects via social media.
- Can I submit a film that I created with a crew? Yes, however, you must be the film’s director to upload the film and to be eligible for the Sundance Ignite fellowship.
- Can I remove my work from the Sundance Ignite “What’s Next?” challenge? Yes. At any time, you can go to your Project Settings to find the work you would like to delete. You can also access these setting via your User Profile under “My Projects.” Please note you cannot undo a deleted project - once it’s gone, it’s gone!
- I just submitted a piece but don’t see it posted - what’s wrong? Don’t worry. All work submitted to this challenge is reviewed after it is submitted to ensure it aligns with the Project 1324 Community Guidelines. There may be a delay before approved films appear live on the site. You will receive confirmation once your project goes live.
- What tools can I use to create work? You may use any filmmaking tools you choose. If you need a free film editing tool that you can use on a mobile device, you might try Premiere Clip (Download: iOS)
- How do I sign up? Signing up is free and easy. Using a valid Adobe ID, follow the registration prompts of the navigation menu to create your own profile and submit work immediately! If you don’t have an Adobe ID yet, you can sign up for one here for free.
- How do I upload work? While logged in, click the arrow icon in the top right navigation bar. From there you can upload images or video files directly to the What’s Next? project.